Overview of Camp JCC 2020
The first day of camp is June 1!
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Daily
PLEASE NOTE: Extended hours available for an additional fee
Day Camp: Campers entering grades 1-8.
Specialty Camps: Ages vary by program.
Staffing: Campers are under the direct supervision of a trained staff member at all times. All Camp JCC staff is certified in CPR/AED and First Aid. We exceed the staffing standard set by the ODJFS (Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services) with the 1:9 Counselor/Camper Ratio.
Groups: Campers are divided into small groups by age and each group is staffed accordingly. They travel with their group throughout the day to their assigned activities.
Sample Schedule: (Monday, Tuesday, and Thursday)
Camper Drop-Off - 8:30 a.m.
Flag and Songs - 9:00 - 9:15 a.m.
Group Time -9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
Activity Rotation #1 (i.e. sports or games) - 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
Activity Rotation #2 (i.e. cooking or music) - 10:30 -11:00 a.m.
Activity Rotation #3 (i.e. arts and crafts or nature) - 11:00 - 11:30 a.m.
Transition Time (i.e. wash hands for lunch) - 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
Lunch Time - 12:00 - 12:30 p.m.
Playtime in Noah’s Park - 12:30 - 1:00 p.m.
Free Swim or Swim Lessons - 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
Popsicles and Camper of the Day - 3:15 - 3:30 p.m.
Camper Pick-Up - 3:30 p.m.
What Your Camper Will Need:
- All campers will bring their own bagged lunch daily. The JCC no longer maintains strict kosher guidelines throughout the facility. Families may now bring meat (with the exception of any pork or shellfish products).
- Campers will need to wear comfortable play clothes and sneakers. No sandals or Crocs!
- Pack a bathing suit and towel for swimming activities EVERY DAY, even those enrolled in specialty camps.
- Make sure to bring sunscreen or put sunscreen on your child before camp every day.
- Campers will receive a Camp JCC t-shirt and MUST wear it every Wednesday for field trips and/or theme days.