Camp JCC Junior Counselor
TITLE: Junior Counselor
SUPERVISOR: Youth/Family Program Coordinator
Junior Counselors will contribute to the vision, mission and values of the Youngstown Area Jewish Federation by creating and maintaining a safe, fun environment for campers at Camp JCC with standards of excellence.
- Assist the Senior Counselors with the supervision of campers acting as guardian, friend, and counselor to all campers while demonstrating sensitivity to the needs of campers served
- Work closely with Senior Counselors, Unit Heads, and Camp Leadership Team in assisting with daily camp operations as well as the implementation of activities
- Serve as a role model for all campers while participating in all required activities (including daily swimming with campers) with an enthusiastic attitude
- Be familiar with and enforce the personnel policies, safety rules, and regulations of camp to ensure the health, safety, and welfare of all campers in any area or programs, referring problems to appropriate staff as needed
- Attend staff meetings every morning before camp begins
- Be available to the Camp leadership team to fulfill any additional duties which need to be performed to facilitate the effective operation of the total camp program
Must be in high school, preferably entering your junior or senior year, or have successfully completed Camp JCC’s LIT Program. Must have the desire and attitude to work with children in a small group setting. Counselor must have good communication, organizational skills, and the ability to be creative and take direction/instruction. Valid state ID is required. CPR and First Aid certifications preferred.