Overview of Camp JCC 2017
June 5 - August 11 (10 weeks)
Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Daily
PLEASE NOTE: Extended hours available for an additional fee
Day Camp: Campers entering grades 1-8
Specialty Camps: Campers entering grades 1-8
Advanced Specialty Camps: Campers entering grades 5-8
Leadership in Training (LIT) Program: entering grades 9 & 10
Staffing: Campers are under the direct supervision of a trained staff member at all times. All Camp JCC staff is certified in CPR/AED and First Aid. We exceed the staffing standard set by the ODJFS (Ohio Department of Jobs and Family Services) with the 1:10 Counselor/Camper Ratio.
Groups: Campers are divided into small groups by age and each group is staffed accordingly. They travel with their group throughout the day to their assigned activities. All campers socialize together regardless of age during lunch time, playground time, and free swim.
Field Trips and Theme Days: Every Wednesday at Camp JCC is either a theme day or a field trip day! All campers, with the exception of campers registered in certain specialty camps, will have the chance to participate. Admission prices for field trips is included in your camp fees therefore their is no additional cost associated with field trip weeks.
Field Trips include: Mill Creek Park, Akron Zoo, Carnegie Science Center, and YSU Planetarium.*
*Field trip locations are subject to change due to availability and weather.
8:30 a.m. - Camper drop-off
9:00 – 9:15 - Flag and Songs
9:30 – 10:00 - Group Time
10:00 – 10:45 - Activity Rotation #1 (i.e. Sports, Nature, Arts and Crafts)
11:00 – 11:45 - Activity Rotation #2 (i.e. Cooking, Tennis, Music)
12:00 p.m. – 12:30 - Lunch Time
12:30 -1:15 - Playtime in Noah’s Park
1:15 – 1:30 - Change for Swimming
1:30 – 2:45 - Swimming (Lessons M & TH and Recreational Swim T & F)
3:00 – 3:15 - Change from Swimming
3:15 – 3:30 - Popsicles
3:30 p.m.-Camper pick-up
What Your Camper Will Need:
- All campers will bring their own bagged lunch daily. The JCC no longer maintains strict kosher guidelines throughout the facility. Families may now bring meat (with the exception of any pork or shellfish products).
- Campers will need to wear comfortable play clothes and sneakers. No sandals or Crocs!
- Pack a bathing suit and towel for swimming activities EVERY DAY, even those enrolled in specialty camps.
- Make sure to bring sunscreen or put sunscreen on your child before camp every day.
- Campers will receive a Camp JCC t-shirt and MUST wear it every Wednesday for field trips and/or theme days.