Camp JCC is the Place to Be
Why Choose Camp JCC?
It is the purpose of Camp JCC to provide a warm and caring atmosphere throughout the summer. We promote a child-centered environment where each camper is viewed as unique, important, and special.
Camp relieves the pressures that may exist in an academic setting and allows campers to flourish through maximizing their strengths and minimizing their weaknesses. We exist to provide an opportunity for fun, a place to repeat experiences, to try new activities, to develop new skills, and to bond with old friends while creating new relationships in a safe and healthy atmosphere.
Campers will leave their time at Camp JCC with:
- Knowledge of Judaic values and concepts
- A sense of community
- A positive identity of self and society
- Confidence in new skills in various activity areas
- Further development of physical skills including swim ability
- A sense that the value of an activity is not on winning, but rather on cooperation, sportsmanship, and growing as an individual
Camp JCC Open House & Reunion | January 24
Join us at JCC’s new Winter Campus to learn about Camp JCC or to meet up with old friends! All families will receive $20 credit towards Camp JCC for each camper that attends and will also be entered into a raffle to win $150 off their camp fees. All children must be accompanied by an adult. Skates will be provided free of cost. Registration is required for skating.
Date: Sunday, January 24
Time: 1:00–3:00 p.m.
Location: Winter Campus
Give the Gift of Camp JCC
Give the gift of an unforgettable summer experience to a child in your life with a Camp JCC gift certificate, then visit our apparel store to make sure your campers are ready to represent the Valley’s best summer camp!
CLICK HERE to purchase apparel.
CLICK HERE to purchase gift certificates.
Camp JCC 2021
June 7 – August 13
Monday – Friday | 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- Day camp with multiple activities offered throughout the day including arts & crafts, sports, cooking, swimming, and more
- Specialty camps available for various interests
- Leader in Training Program for teens entering grades 9 and 10
- Extended care available
- Registration opens on January 24.
- Register before March 1 for $40 off your camp fees.
For more information contact Camp Director Hunter Thomas at 330.746.3250 ext. 123 or email@example.com.
Make sure to join our Facebook group to stay up to date about Camp JCC 2021!
CLICK HERE to join the Facebook Group.
Sample Day Camp Schedule:
- Camper Drop-Off - 8:30 a.m.
- Flag and Songs - 9:00 - 9:15 a.m.
- Group Time -9:30 - 10:00 a.m.
- Activity Rotation #1 (i.e. sports or games) - 10:00 - 10:30 a.m.
- Activity Rotation #2 (i.e. cooking or music) - 10:30 -11:00 a.m.
- Activity Rotation #3 (i.e. arts and crafts or nature) - 11:00 - 11:30 a.m.
- Transition Time (i.e. wash hands for lunch) - 11:30 a.m. - 12:00 p.m.
- Lunch Time - 12:00 - 12:30 p.m.
- Playtime in Noah’s Park - 12:30 - 1:00 p.m.
- Free Swim or Swim Lessons - 1:30 - 3:00 p.m.
- Popsicles and Camper of the Day - 3:15 - 3:30 p.m.
- Camper Pick-Up - 3:30 p.m.
JCC of Youngstown successfully operated Camp JCC during the pandemic in 2020. We will implement plans based on what we learned last year, and will continue to follow all safety guidelines recommended by the state of Ohio, the American Camp Association, and the Jewish Community Centers Association of North America. Your child’s safety is our number one priority.