Winter Campus FAQ's
Reservation System Questions
Where do I go to make a reservation?
- Visit our ice rink page and scroll to the bottom. Please review the information on the page before making your reservation.
- You will need an email account.
All rink sessions are 60 minutes in duration. We ask you to arrive no more than 10 minutes before your scheduled reservation time, and come off the ice after your reservation time.
Guests may reserve up to 10 spots per hour. If you would like to make a reservation for more than 10 people, we encourage you to book a party by contacting Kelli McCormick at kmccormick@jewishyoungstown.
How do I know when my reservation is scheduled?
- You should receive a confirmation email with the time of your reservation. Or you can call the JCC at 330.746.3251 to confirm your reservation time.
How do I cancel a session that I have signed up for?
- You can cancel your reservation through the email confirmation you received after making the initial reservation or you can call the JCC at 330.746.3251.
Will you allow walk-ins?
- We do require reservations, however, if slots are available when you arrive, you can make a reservation at arrival. This is not guaranteed, and highly recommended you make a reservation before arrival.
How far in advance can you make a reservation?
- You can reserve a session 2 weeks in advance, however, this may change as the season goes on.
- In case of inclement weather, you will be contacted by JCC staff if you have a reservation.
- Please review the rink rules and requirements. If a patron is denied rink entry or asked to leave due to violation of rules, no refunds will be issued.
If someone in my party is not going to skate, do they still need a reservation?
- Yes. Due to limited capacity, everyone over the age of three who enters the winter campus will require a reservation.
What steps are you taking to make the rink safe?
- We have reduced the capacity to accommodate social distancing guidelines.
- We are utilizing a timed reservation system to manage crowds.
- We will be cleaning all high touch surfaces regularly throughout the day.
- Anyone over the age of 6 must wear a mask. Masks must be worn on the ice, in the warming tent, and moving about the space. Masks may be removed if you are seated with your party actively eating or drinking.
Amenities and General Questions
Do you provide ice skates?
- Yes we have hockey skates available. We have a variety of children – adult sizes.
Do I need to have socks?
- Yes. Socks are required to wear when skating.
Do you accept cash or credit cards on-site?
- We do prefer credit cards for purchases on-site, however, we will take both cash & credit cards.
The Ice Shack Information
- The Ice Shack is a great place to relax with hot chocolate and snacks for a few minutes during your ice rink session. We ask that you do not place your personal items on the tables and leave them unattended. Since the capacity of our warming tents are limited, please be respectful of other patrons who may want to sit down, eat, drink, etc.
Do you have lockers on site for belongings?
- We do not have lockers available. We recommend you leave all valuables at home. The JCC is not responsible for lost or stolen items.